Can you smell that fall is on its way? I can!! This time of year I feel like a little kid waiting for that first leaf to fall or see the first pumpkin on the front doorsteps of a neighborhood house. Autumn is my favorite season. Nothing compares to the smell of apples and cinnamon and the feeling of the crisp air in the evening.
I have big plans for this season. Over the last 10 years, I have moved around a lot and never really gotten into the fall spirit like I wanted. We were living out of boxes and never quite had that feeling of home. Almost exactly a year ago, we moved into this house. I decorated the porch last year with pumpkin and corn, but still didn't go all out like I wanted. This year is a whole other story. This year I can finally say that I am as settled as I have been in my adult life and I am going to go all out!
All these ideas of things I wanted to do to celebrate the fall season have been in my head the last few days. I figured I should write these amazing ideas down so I won't forget!
Things to do before December (in no particular order):
- Take a drive through the mountains when the leaves are changing.
- Visit a pumpkin farm.
- Decorate the front porch.
- Make apple EVERYTHING! I'm talking pies, butter, sauce, bread, and anything else I can put an apple in.
- Make corn chowder and brunswick stew.
- Have a family pumpkin carving night.
- Make a new fall wreath.
- Take a hayride.
- Go through a corn maze.
- Start making homemade Christmas presents.
- Make at least one of the kids Halloween costumes.
- Learn to use a pressure canner.
- Get good pictures of the kids.
- Go to a fall festival
Anything else I should add?